In this article, we are going to tell you in detail about the age, wiki and biography of India’s ‘The Big Bull’ stock market broker Harshad Mehta. Huh. Apart from this, you can see pictures of Harshad Mehta‘s family till the end of the article. So, let us have a look at his personal and professional life.
Harshad Mehta Biography – Age, Height, Family, Net Worth
Birth and Family
Harshad Mehta was born on 29 July 1954 in Rajkot district of Gujarat, India. His full name was Harshad Shantilal Mehta.
His father’s name was Shantilal Mehta and mother’s name was Rasilaben Mehta.
His father was a small businessman in Kandivali, Bombay. But later his family moved to Modhapara in Raipur, Madhya Pradesh (capital of Chhattisgarh).
He did his schooling from Holy Cross Byron Bazar Higher Secondary School and did his college education with a B.Com degree from Lajpat Rai College, Mumbai.
Don’t Miss : Physics Wallah
Harshad Mehta Career
Harshad Mehta was an Indian stock market broker. Harshad Mehta A name that shook the stock market in his time. After completing his college, he did a variety of work for about eight years.
It was during this time that he became interested in the stock market, and joined a brokerage firm.
In 1984, he became a broker of the Bombay Stock Exchange. He then founded his own firm called Groemore Research and Asset Management. By the early 1990s, many eminent people started investing in his firm and made use of his services.
Harshad Mehta made a lot of money from the stock market in a very short time by using his sharp mind. The media gave Harshad Mehta a new name “The Big Bull”.
Controversy: allegation of scam
In the 90s, banks in India were not allowed to invest in equity markets. At that time, if a bank wanted a loan from other banks, they had to deposit their bonds with other banks and had to go through a broker for it. But it also had a loophole. Using which Mehta did a lot of scams.
He did a lot of scams in bank receipts and bonds. By making a fake bank receipt, he took money from the banks and invested in the shares. But when the recession came, they suffered a lot and the banks started asking for their money.
He was subsequently charged with 72 criminal offenses and over 600 civil action suits were filed against him.
SEBI had banned him for life for activities related to the stock market.
Harshad Mehta was accused by the Supreme Court of 5000 crores.
The verdict was delivered after 24 years in Harshad Mehta share scam.
A special court in Mumbai convicted six accused, including Harshad Mehta’s brother Sudhir Mehta, in the Rs 700-crore scam.
Senior bank officials and stock brokers were also involved in this scam of crores.
Harshad Mehta was admitted to Thane Civil Hospital after he complained of chest pain late in the night when he was in Thane jail. But he died on 31 December 2001 at the age of 47 due to heart disease.
A film is also coming on his life named Big Bull.
Harshad Mehta Biography
|Old||Harshad Shantilal Mehta|
|Birth||29 July 1954|
|Mataji (Mother)||Rasilaben Mehta|
|Sister )||Not Known|
|Wife (Wife)||Jyoti Mehta|
|Daughter (Daughter)||Not Known|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Holy Cross Byron Bazar Higher Secondary School< /td>|
|College||Lajpat Rai College Mumbai|
|Date of Death||31st December 2001|
|net worth||Not Known|
Harshad Mehta Net worth not known
Harshad Mehta Story, Death, Family, Wife, Brother
|surname||The Big Bull|
|full name||Harshad Shantilal Mehta|
|Birth||29 July 1954|
|place of birth||Rajkot, Gujarat, India|
Harshad Mehta Wife, Son
|home||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|school||Holy Cross Baron Bazaar Secondary High School|
|college||Lala Lajpat Rai College|
Harshad Mehta is married to Jyoti Mehta. They have a son named Atur Mehta.
|profession||Stock Market Broker|
|death||31st December 2001|
|death site||Thane Civil Hospital|
Harshad Mehta physical state
|Length : Height (Approx)||In cms – 183 cm
In mtrs – 1.83
Inches – 6′ 0″</td >
|Weight : Weight (approx.)||In Kilograms – 78 kg
In Pounds – 171 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx)||38-34-14|
Harshad Mehta Death
Someone else does bad work and their charge is put on someone else, similarly Harshad Mehta’s biggest scams were also accused of the Congress government.
He had said that Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao was given a bribe of about one crore rupees for the party fund. And this news created a sensation all over India.
But the Congress government had called this thing wrong.
Harshad Mehta died on December 31, 2001, while serving his prison sentence.
Harshad Mehta was admitted to the hospital due to chest pain, but died of a heart attack.
His death was said to have happened mysteriously.
Harshad Mehta Web series –
- Harshad Mehta Movie Web Series has also been made.
- The famous director named Hansal Mehta has made a film named Scam 1992.
- His complete information has been given in the harshad mehta series.
- This web series tells the biography of Harshad Mehta, the king of India’s biggest economic scam. Its name was popularly known as The Harshad Mehta Story.
Life Style Video –
Harshad Mehta Interesting Facts –
- In the year of 1993, former Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao and the then Congress President were accused of taking a bribe of 1 crore to save from the case.
- In Harshad Mehta Biography, let us tell you that in the year 1990, Harshad Mehta’s name started appearing on the cover page of big magazines and newspapers.
- Harshad Mehta’s name was being taken with great respect in the stock market.
- From Harshad Mehta’s 15500 square feet sea facing paint house to his fondness for expensive vehicles, everything made him a celebrity.
- In the year 1992, Times of India journalist Sucheta Dalal had exposed Harshad Mehta’s biggest scam, he had told that Harshad Mehta used to take a 15-day loan from the bank and put it in the stock market.
- Harshad Mehta had a full convoy of luxury vehicles, Harshad Mehta had also accused the Prime Minister of taking bribe.
- His story is the story of a Gujarati boy who had an empty pocket but had a very heavy dream.
- His dream was to touch the height of wealth which no one could reach, he wanted to believe so much money.
- Due to Harshad Mehta’s rapidly growing scams, he was charged with 72 offenses, and after that 500 to 600 civil action shoots were registered against him.
Harshad Mehta FAQ –
1. Where is Harshad Mehta now?
Harshad Mehta is no more in this world but his brother Ashwin Mehta who became a lawyer is today a busy lawyer practicing in the Supreme Court as well. He single-handedly fought many court cases and paid about 1,700 crores to the banks to clear his brother’s name.
2. Is Bazaar based on Harshad Mehta?
No at present time in the year of 2021 the market is not dependent on him but dominated the market in the 90s and made a lot of personal profit from his financial crimes
3. Is Harshad Mehta still alive?
No he is dead. He died in jail due to chest pain. He died on December 31, 2001, Shyam.
4. Does Harshad Mehta family have money?
Yes his family has a lot of money because they cheated crores of rupees. The banking system suffered a loss of around Rs 3,500 crore to Rs 4,000 crore. When this scam was exposed.
5. At what age Harshad Mehta died?
Harshad Mehta died on the night of 1 December 2001. Then he was 47 years old.
6. What is Harshad Mehta’s Net Worth?
It is believed that his brother Ashwin fought alone to clear his brother’s name and paid around 1700 crores to the banks to clear all the loans and NPAs.
7. Is Harshad Mehta a son?
Yes Harshad Mehta also has a son named Atur Mehta.
8. Why was Harshad Mehta in jail?
Harshad Mehta and his brother Ashwin Mehta were jailed for three months after they indicated that the securities scam could be part of a larger controversy.
9.Who is Harshad Mehta wife?
Harshad Mehta Wife name is Jyoti Mehta.
10. Who was Harshad Mehta’s father?
His father’s name is Shantilal Mehta who used to be a small textile trader in Kandivali area of Mumbai. And mother’s name is Rasilaben Mehta.
Friends, I hope you have understood my article Harshad Mehta Biography completely.
Through this article, we have also given information about harshad mehta brother ashwin mehta, if you want to know about the biography of such other person, then you can definitely tell us by commenting. And do share this article of ours with your friends. Thank you.