To run a PHP project in XAMPP, follow these steps:
- Launch XAMPP control panel and start the Apache and MySQL services.
- Copy the PHP project files to the htdocs directory, which is located in the XAMPP installation directory. For example, on Windows, the htdocs directory is usually located at C:\xampp\htdocs.
- Open a web browser and go to http://localhost/ to access the XAMPP dashboard.
- Click on the phpMyAdmin button to open the MySQL administration tool in your web browser.
- Create a new database for your PHP project by clicking on the “New” button and giving it a name.
- Import any SQL files that your project needs into the database you just created. You can do this by clicking on the “Import” button and selecting the SQL file.
- Open your PHP project in a web browser by going to http://localhost/your_project_directory. Replace your_project_directory with the name of the directory where your PHP project files are located.
That’s it! Your PHP project should now be running in XAMPP. If your project requires any additional configuration or dependencies, be sure to follow the instructions provided by the project documentation.