Porbandar beach, which we also know as Chowpati beach, is a beautiful beach of Porbandar, Gujarat and in this post I am going to tell about Porbandar beach only.
If you are planning to go here and you do not have much information about this beach, how is this beach to roam, then in this post you will get all the information.
About Porbandar Beach
Porbandar Beach or Chopati Beach is a beach located in the “Porbandar district” of the state of Gujarat, India. This beach is situated between Veraval and Dwarka city meets the Arabian Sea.
List of the “porbandar beach”
Porbandar is the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi. Apart from this, Sudama was also born, who was the best friend of Lord Krishna in Hindu religion.
As per your knowladge, Porbandar Chowpati Beach is also known as Willingdon Marina Beach. This beach remains a center of attraction for tourists due to its beautiful views.
This place is good for bird lovers and photography enthusiasts. You can come here for a weekend visit with your family and friends.
The water of Porbandar beach is very clean and you will see little to no dirt here, although the texture of the beach is incomplete and needs improvement.
Hotel and food arrangements are good for staying in Porbandar. Even when you are near the beach, you can find fast food centers to eat.
The months of October to March are considered to be good for beach walks as the weather during this time is favorable for beach walking.
Things to do in Porbandar beach
There are many things to see and do in Porbandar. On the beach, you can experience peace and relaxation by watching the waves rising high of the sea.
The view of the sunset here in the evening is very beautiful. There is a lot of stone along the middle, so take care while descending.
Places to see around Porbandar Beach are Kirti Mandir, Porbandar Bird Sanctuary, Burda Hills Wildlife Sanctuary, Nehru Platinum Porbandar Tourism, Miyani Beach, Shri Hari Mandir and Krishna Sudama Temple.
You will get to see very ancient temples and historical buildings in Porbandar, so if you are interested in all these then you must definitely come to Porbandar.
Best time to visit Porbandar
Winter is the best season to visit Porbandar. October, November, December, January, February and March are the best time to visit Porbandar.
How To Reach Porbandar Beach?
- By Air – The nearest airport is Porbandar Airport (6 km away from the city center) which is well connected to other cities of Gujarat.
- Mumbai airport is well connected to Porbandar airport. After reaching here, you can go to Porbandar beach by local vehicles.
- By Train – The nearest railway station is the Porbandar Railway Station which is well connected to the rest of the railway network in the cities of Gujarat.
- Apart from this, direct trains run from time to time from Delhi, Surat, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Agra, Jaipur, Gaya, Mumbai, Jamnagar, Lucknow and Kolkata to Porbandar. If you live in these cities then you can come by train. .
- By Road or Bus – The city of Porbandar is well connected by road network to the rest of the cities. Apart from this regular bus services are available for Porbandar from Dwarka, Rajkot, Junagadh, Veraval, Jamnagar, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara and Mumbai.
Average temperature in Porbandar – Avg. Temperature in Porbandar
- January to April – 26.9 to 23.6 (°C) | 80.5 to 89.6 (degrees Fahrenheit)
- May to August – 31.8 to 25.7 (°C) | 89.2 to 82.8 (degrees Fahrenheit)
- September to December – 29.2 to 18.1 (°C) | 84.6 to 83.1 (degrees Fahrenheit)