Buland Darwaza is a main gate. Amazing carvings can be seen on this gate of Akbar carpet. It is seen as an example of the beauty of Indian and Parsi art. In this article, you will be given all types of information related to Buland Darwaza.
Who made the Buland Darwaza?
Buland Darwaza which is considered a sign of victory. This gate was built by the Mughal emperor Akbar in the joy of conquering Gujarat. That is why this door has been called the gate of victory.
When was the Buland Darwaza built?
This door was built in 1602 AD.
Also Read : First Love Marriage In The World
where is buland darwaza located ?
Buland Darwaza Jama Masjid is located in Fatehpur Sikri.
What is the relation between Buland Darwaza and Fatehpur Sikri?
It’s 43 km from Agra in Uttar Pradesh, Buland Darwaza is the main gate to enter this Jama Masjid.
Don’t Miss : Purana Qila (indraprastha)
Meaning of Buland Darwaza
The word Buland is an Urdu word which in Hindi means great or high, thus the meaning of Buland Darwaza is the Great Gate or the Great Gate.
What is the specialty of Buland Darwaza?
- Buland Darwaza is considered to be the largest door in the world, it is seen as a marvelous construction of the Mughal period.
- The skill of the Indian artisans in the Mughal era is understood on seeing this door and there is a desire to admire.
- The Buland Darwaza is made of red sandstone.
- White and black colored stones have been used to decorate this door.
- Marble stones have been carved very beautifully to decorate it.
- The Buland Darwaza is bigger than the courtyard of the mosque built here.
- The Buland Darwaza has also got the title of World Heritage by UNESCO.
What is the total height of Buland Darwaza?
The height of Buland Darwaza is 280 feet.
More information about Buland Darwaza
A victory gate built by Akbar at Fatehpur Sikri
It took 12 years to build it. On the eastern side of the Buland Darwaza there is an inscription written in Persian which tells the story of Akbar’s victory over the Deccan in 1601.
This door is 54 meters high and 35 meters in width, and 42 steps are required to reach it. On the pillars of the door, verses of the holy book of the Muslims can be seen from the Quran.
This door is decorated with domes and towers.
A Parsi inscription is written on the main entrance, in which it is written, “Jesus (Jesus) the son of Mary has said: This world is like a moment, it can be visited but a house should not be built on it.
You can hope for a day or eternity, but life is only for an hour.
So spend life in prayer to God. According to historians, from 1571 to 1585, Fatehpur Sikri was the capital of the Mughals.
where is buland darwaza situated?
Near nagar palika building,
Delhi – Mathura Hwy,
Uttar Pradesh 283110
How to reach Buland Darwaza?
Buland Darwaza is located in Fatehpur Sikri, Agra District, Uttar Pradesh, India. There is a tremendous confluence of Indian and Parsi architecture.
Buland Darwaza Tour & Travels
- daily, from dawn to dusk
- Buland Darwaza open at 06:00 AM to 06:30 PM
Entry Fees : Free of cost
How to reach:
- If you want to go by rail, then the distance from Fatehpur Sikri railway station is about 1 kilometer.
- If you want to go by flight, then you have to land at Agra Airport, it is about 40 kilometers away from it.