kho kho rules and regulation – kho kho game rules, rules and regulations of kho kho, खो खो मैदान माप , खो-खो के नियम और खेलने का तरीका , 10 points on kho kho, How To Play The Kho Kho Game? and information about rules and regulation of kho kho.
kho kho rules and regulation & History of Kho Kho
Kho-Kho is a popular game of India. In ancient times this game was played on chariot in Maharashtra, due to which it was known as ‘Ratheda’.
The rules of the Kho-Kho game were formulated in the early twentieth century. The first competition of Kho-Kho in India was organized in the year 1914.
The organization governing Kho-Kho in India is ‘Kho-Kho Federation of India’.
Important Points of Kho-Kho
kho kho rules and regulations
- Innings in the field of Kho Kho = 2 innings (4 times)
- Intermission time = 5 minutes
- Length of Kho-Kho field = 29 meters
- Match time = (9-5-9) 9 (9-5-9) minutes
- Number of players of kho-kho team = 9+3 reserve
- Number of squares = 8
- Players sitting in squares = Runners
- Shape of Kho-Kho field = Rectangular
- Width of Kho-Kho field = 16 meters
- catcher = active runner
Some Kho Kho 10 rules & Sign and their meaning is shown in below picture:
Don’t Miss : Top 10 ODI Cricket Centurions
Playground of Kho-Kho
- The length of the Kho-Kho ground is 29 meters and the width is 16 meters. At the end of the field there are two rectangles of size 16 m × 2.75 m.
- In the middle of the field there is a strip of 23.50 m long and 30 cm wide.
- There is a wooden pole at each end of the party, in which 30 C.M. × 30 C.M. There are 8 classes.
column or post
- Two pillars are buried at the end of the middle line.
- Their height is 1.20 meters from the ground.
- The circumference of the pillar is reduced to 40 cm from the bottom and 30 cm from the top.
- The length of each rectangle is 16 m and the width is 30 cm. It intersects the center line at right angles i.e. 90 degrees.
- It itself is also divided into two half.
- The area of 30 cm × 30 cm formed at the intersection of a cross-lane is called a square.
The players sitting in the squares are called chasers or chasers. The one who runs to touch the opposing players is called Active Chaser.
The player opposing the chaser is called the runner.
To Give Kho
To give a good ‘kho’, the active chaser should touch the chaser with his back while saying the word ‘kho’ in a loud voice. The act of putting hands and saying ‘kho’ should be done together.
If a seated chaser or an active chaser commits a violation, it is a foul.
When the active chaser moves from one post to another, it is called direction eclipse.
To Turn the Face
If the active chaser turns his shoulder line in a direction greater than 90 degree angle while going in a particular direction, then it is called a turn of the face and it is a foul.
If both feet of the runner touch outside the boundary line, he is considered to be out, he is considered out.
When all the runners are out in 9 minutes, the chasers score a lona against the runners, but the lona has no points.
The following officers are appointed to manage the match.
- a referee
- a scorer
- one time keeper
- two umpires
kho kho rules 10 points
List of the 10 rules of kho kho.
rules and regulations of kho kho in points
- The center bar should be attached to any part of the active chaser’s body.
- If the chaser touches the runner with his hand, it is run out.
- Toss decides whether to become a chaser or a runner.
- A seated chaser can be lost by an active chaser from behind.
- Unless the chaser is lost while sitting, he cannot get up from his place.
- He will sit in the chaser’s place only if he is lost by the active chaser.
- The face of the active chaser should be in the direction of his running.
- After getting lost, the chaser will go in the same direction that he has followed by crossing the center-bar after rising from the square. If the active chaser does not lose, he can come around the pole on the other side of the center-bar.
- The chaser will sit in its square in such a way that there is no obstacle in the way of the runner. If his obstruction results in the runner being out, he is not considered out.
- An active chaser must cross the pole-line.
- The Active Chaser will perform the arm and the giving action simultaneously to deliver the to the chaser from behind while seated.
- Apart from the active chaser, the rest of the change will sit in their square in such a way that they do not face to one side.
Field measurement for senior players
|Sr.No||Area Measurement Senior Players
|1.||kho kho match time duration||(9+5+9)10(9+5+9)|
|2.||pole circle||30-40 cm|
|3.||height of pole||1.20 – 1.25m|
|4.||rest time between shifts||5 minutes|
|5.||Kho Kho field length||29 meters|
|6.||width of field||16 meters|
|7.||square measure of each lane||8 meters|
|8.||stop time of each shift||9 minutes|
|9.||Block measurement at the end of the ground||16 ×2.75 m|
|10.||class distance||2.30 m|
|11.||Length of Center Street||23.50 m|
|12.||Center street width||30 centimeter|
|13.||Number of players played in Kho Kho||9|
Bonus 10 rules of kho kho
- Play with a sense of humor.
- Don’t take things personally.
- Be assertive when necessary, but also be understanding.
- Listen more than you talk.
- Take care of your body.
- Enjoy your time with family and friends.
- Be yourself.
- Give 110%.
- Be grateful for the good in life.
- Have fun!