cng full form – Properties, Advantages, Disadvantages of CNG, What is the Difference Between CNG vs LPG? Uses of LPG and CNG Gas and many more.
Do you know the full form of CNG or what is CNG? If not, then definitely read this post. In this post you will get clear information about what is CNG, CNG meaning. If you want detailed information about all the questions related to “full form of CNG”, then please stay with this article.
cng full form – What is the full form of CNG CNG?
CNG Full Form : Compressed Natural Gas
What is CNG GAS? – WHAT IS CNG GAS FULL FORM?
- C – COMPRESSED
- N – NATURAL
- G – GAS
The full form of CNG is Compressed Natural Gas. In CNG means Compressed Natural Gas. Compressed Natural Gas is a type of natural gaseous fuel that is used in place of Gas, Petrol, Diesel Fuel and LPG.
However, it is also called an ideal fuel because it emits very little CO2, CO, NOx and pollution as compared to Gas, Petrol, Diesel.
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) GAS is being used in cars, autos and buses to reduce pollution in big metros.
Now after reading the full form of CNG, you must have understood that what is CNG. Now let’s get more information related to this.
Don’t Miss : RCA Full Form
Main Components and Formulation of CNG Gas
- Talking about the composition of CNG, it contains reactive hydrocarbons 70% and nitrogen oxides 85%.
- And this is the reason that it is colourless, odourless, poison free.
- Whereas all other fuels contain toxic substances like lead, sulphur. Which somehow harms our atmosphere.
- Oil Deposits, Landfills and Wastewater Treatment Plants are used to collect this natural gas.
- And the Natural Gas collected from here
- i.e. Methane CH4 is compressed and kept inside a special type of Spherical or Cylindrical cylinder at 20–25 MPa (3000–3600 Psi) pressure.
- Mainly CNG from three components Methane, Propane and Ethane. is made. And the most prominent in it is methane ie CH4.
- This gas is 40% lighter than air. When it leaks in the open air, it moves upwards from the air.
- Its nature is non-toxic i.e. no one is harmed due to its secretion in the open air.
Use of CNG (USE)
- CNG is mostly used in cars, three wheelers, taxis, large vehicles like buses.
- Vehicles running on petrol and diesel cause more pollution than CNG. This has a negative impact on the environment.
- To prevent pollution, the use of CNG is being promoted more and more by every country.
- By this common people can get a good environment.
- People in polluted cities also have difficulty in breathing, due to which they get many serious diseases.
- In India, the government runs awareness campaigns to use CNG in all busy areas including Delhi, Varanasi, Mumbai, Kolkata, so that more and more people can use CNG.
- The main reason for this is the emission of nitrogen oxide gas by burning liquid substances, this emitted gas gets mixed in the air.
- This air pollution is increasing. Using CNG releases less nitrogen oxide gas.
- CNG is less consumed as compared to petrol and diesel.
Give the full form of LPG and CNG.
- LPG-Liquefied Petroleum Gas.
- CNG-Compressed Natural Gas
WHO INVENTED CNG GAS?
First the discovery of natural gas was started in America in 1626, the credit of discovering natural gas goes to William Hart.
Although CNG gas was invented in America in the year 1800, and at that time CNG was the best option in terms of saving the environment.
Over time, Italy, and many countries of Europe also started using it.
What are the characteristics and properties of CNG gas?
Due to the many features of CNG, it has been adopted in many countries and India is also one of them, let us know in detail about its advantages, qualities and features.
- Due to the high octane number, it can be used easily. Its octane number is 127. The octane number of the same petrol is 95.
- Since, CNG gas is highly flammable. CNG in this is 95% methane, so it catches fire easily.
- There is a special thing about this gas that it is non-corrosive (non-corrosive) i.e. whichever Spherical or Cylindrical cylinder this gas is kept inside.
- There is no rust or corrosion of that Spherical or Cylindrical cylinder.
- This gas is completely colorless. so it’s hard to see
If this gas is open then there is no need to panic because it is non-toxic, it does not contain any poisonous substance or extraneous. Nor does CNG GAS cause any harm to any human or animal bird.
- This gas is odorless, it does not have any odor of its own, it is completely normal when it is in open state in the air, it is very difficult to detect it by smelling it.
ADVANTAGES OF CNG
- Generally, it reduces harmful emissions into the air. Because lead and sulfur are negligible in its emissions.
- Because CNG is made up of 95% methane and combustion of methane is 100%
If seen from the point of view of safety of vehicles, then the flammable temperature of CNG is 540 degree centigrade, due to this the risk of fire in vehicles is less.
- Whereas the flammable temperature of petrol is 250 degree centigrade. Due to this, there is a high risk of fire in vehicles in summer.
- The maintenance cost of CNG vehicle is very less.
- CNG gas is very economical as compared to petrol and diesel. Also it is very easy to use, cheap and safe. CNG fuel can be filled in vehicles at CNG gas station.
- The operating cost of vehicles running on CNG is less as compared to vehicles running on other fuels.
- Often there is adulteration in petrol and diesel, due to which the owners of the vehicles have to suffer. In contrast, CNG Fule is adulterated.
- There is no possibility of any kind of adulteration in this.
Don’t Miss : CET Full Form
DRAWBACKS OF CNG GAS
- There is no place to install a CNG tank in CNG-free vehicles, as it is installed in the trunk of the vehicle. Due to this, the trunk of the vehicles is completely closed.
- It is an odorless gas and in case of CNG leaks, the leakage becomes difficult to detect.
- The cost of conversion kit for CNG vehicles ranges between 30,000 to 40,000. And the cost of conversion kit in buses is about 3 lakh rupees.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CNG AND LPG
What is the Difference Between CNG vs LPG?
|Properties||CNG – Methane||LPG – Propane|
|Storage Pressure||20 – 25 MPa||2 MPa|
|Air:Gas Combustion Ratio||10:1||25:1|
|Operating Pressure||1.1 kPa||2.75 kPa|
|Density (vs Air)||.5537:1||1.5219:1|
|State||Gas||Liquid or Gas|
Often, many people do not understand the difference between CNG and LPG.
Here the differences between CNG and LPG are explained in detail in few easy steps.
- CNG ie Compressed Natural Gas contains an excess of methane gas, LPG contains a mixture of propane, butane and other gases.
- CNG is in gaseous state even under high pressure but LPG changes into liquid state due to high pressure.
- The main use of CNG is as fuel for vehicles while LPG is used for domestic purposes.
- CNG contains 9 MJ per liter of energy whereas LPG contains 25 MJ per liter of energy
The density of CNG is less than that of LGP. Three times more LPG can be filled than CNG in the same type of cylinder.
- CNG is lighter than air, when it leaks, it rises upwards.
- Whereas LPG is heavier than this air. In case of its leakage, it spreads on the floor and if caught on fire even a little, it can cause an explosion.
Now you must have understood the difference between CNG and LPG i.e. Difference Between CNG and LPG.
Don’t Miss : evs full form
HOW CNG ENGINE WORKS?
In the engine construction of CNG, there are many instruments ie parts, such as:-
- Air Filter
- CNG tank
- EMU (Engine Management Unit)
- Fule Pressor sensor
- Fule Roil
- Fule Temperature sensor
- Gas Filter
- Map sensor
- Oxygen sensor
- Pressure Regulating Valve
- Throttle valve
Basic Properties of CNG
Thetre are some Properties of CNG.
- 40% lighter than air
- Doesn’t have any taste
- High ignition temperature
- Ignites at a higher temperature
- It is devoid of color and is non-toxic
- It is lighter than air
What is the Full form of CNG?
The full form of CNG is Compressed Natural Gas.
Other CNG Full Form
Compressed Natural Gas
|Compressed Natural Gas||Gas Type||CNG|
|Calling Tone (T.30)||Computer and Networking||CNG|
|Comfort Noise Generator||Computer and Networking||CNG|
|Comfort Noise Generation||Telecommunication||CNG|
|Certification Network Group||Certifications||CNG|
|Certified Naturally Grown||Certifications||CNG|
|Colorado National Guard||Military and Defence||CNG|
Don’t Miss : KVIC Full Form
CNG stands for Compressed Natural gas.
In this article of CNG Full Form i have given you the advantages, disadvantages and invented CNG gas, Difference between CNG and LPG? Also tell, i hope that the information of this article on CNG and cng kya hota hai will prove to be informative for you.
Thank you for reading this article of “CNG full form”, i hope that you must have liked this article.
If you liked this post, then you should share it with your friends on your social media, and increase our enthusiasm.
If you have any question, suggestion or any error related to this post, then comment below or contact us, and stay connected to read information related to meaning, full form, internet knowledge.